Saturday, January 26, 2013

I'm still around...

Wow!   Has it really been almost 2 weeks since I last posted here?  And only my second post, at that.  Thankfully, I actually have a good excuse, that being I have been sick and have not felt like doing anything, including painting, and I had hoped that my next post would be the beginnings of a painting...so anyway, now that I am recovered, I should be able to keep this updated.  Of course, this hardly counts as an update, so let me throw in a couple pieces of inspiration!   These are paintings that I'm currently loving...


Maze by James Jean.  Mixed media.


ESL by James Jean.  Oil & pumice on wood panel.


Immaculate Conception by Kris Kuksi.  Acrylic on Canvas.
(I have actually had the privilege of viewing this painting person and almost hate to share it in this flat, digital format you see before you.  There is a quality about Kris's work that makes it look like it's breathing--this work fairly glows when you see it in the real.)

Driftwood Heart 03 by Fay Helfer.  Pyrography, natural pigment, and pastel.


Prefix by Yellena James.  Acrylic on clayboard.



Sighs.  Next time I write, I will have some of my own work to share.  I mean it!


1 comment:

  1. "Maze" has been one of my favorite pieces for a long time! I remember seeing it several years ago and really identifying with it.

    ReplyDelete